Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blood Brothers


Silhouette Stages’ rendition of Blood Brothers by Willy Russell closed at Slayton House in Columbia last weekend while I was out of town. Fortunately, I did get the chance to see the show the weekend prior. In fact, John Harding of Patuxent Publishing kindly assigned me to review it.
This was the first show I’d seen by Silhouette Stages, although I’d heard some about the troupe. As sad as I am to see the Columbia Community Players dark (and I do hope that situation is temporary), it appears that Silhouette Stages is more than filling the gap for Columbia audiences and for some of the players. But they’re doing full-scale musicals (CCP seldom ventured into musicals), and although the proscenium stage at Slayton House poses some challenges for staging musicals, what I saw was excellent. This was the first time I had the pleasure of meeting Mo Dutterer, although I knew the name and reputation.
I included a summary of the story in the linked review, which came out this week in the Howard County Times and the Columbia Flier.


If you didn’t catch this show, keep an ear out for other productions of Blood Brothers. It's well worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment